Friday, August 12, 2011

Bryn's Room Inspiration

I guess I should start with a "Bryn's Room Before" post, but she is napping (harhar, at least she was when I started this post at 1:30pm, now she is in bed for the night, I guess I only get stuff done when the babes are asleep :) ), so I can't take any photos right now. Also, who are we kidding? When we moved in to this house, Her room contained: her crib. Yes, just her crib. We moved from a small two bedroom apartment, so she had no other furniture (as though any of the other rooms did, lol. You saw how Gavin's room looks). So instead of boring you with a post of her room 'before', I'll just barge right into things that are inspiring to me right now.

I just love the colors in this bouquet! Don't they make you feel alive? I would love to use some version of pink/orange for the accent colors in her room, but I want the majority of the room to be neutral, so we can change it if we get tired of it. Photo found here.

Next, I'll show you a version of the bed we bought. The Ikea Meldal bed was my first choice, but as luck (and cheapness) would have it, someone posted the very similar White Ikea Minnen bed on Craigslist for a fraction of the cost of buying it new. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good deal. I still really like the bed, but I did prefer the impact the other bed would have had in the room, because of it's size. This cute bed is from this blog.

Here is a nicely styled room with two Minnen beds. The second part of what sold me on this Craigslist deal was thinking that Bryn may have to share a room some day, and two Minnen beds would be a much better fit than two of the larger Meldal daybeds. Via

I absolutely LOVE this photo. Love the white dresser, Love the silver mirror/lamps, love the chic effect of all the items together. This is the vibe I want to create, if only I had a bigger budget. (Forgot to save the link, if there was one, sorry!)

A photo like this makes me wonder if I should be painting Bryn's vintage dressers a color other than white? But I love the way the white looks in the photo above, so I'm not won over yet. Found here.

I would really love a beautiful girly fixture like this one, or a lovely vintage chandelier kind of like this, but I do like the look of the Capiz Shell chandeliers. Plus there are lots of great tutorials online for recreating your own for way less money.
I am definitely on board to do some fun DIY wall art, I know I would like to find a cute letter "B" for the wall, we may or may not attempt to do our own "board and batten" (some nice architectural features always make a room feel more expensive to me), Something like this on the bed would be divine, and although it feels like every nursery I see online has pompoms and/or paper lanterns, they are still pretty cute too. Here is one last nursery I love the look and feel of, so feast your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment