Friday, August 5, 2011

Gavin's Room: Inspiration

Here are some photos that are inspiring me, while thinking about Gavin's room. Since we decided to buy a house and stay for at least a few years, I figured it's finally time to start decorating! Most of the design blogs I've been reading advise you to gather ideas by saving pictures of rooms you really like. I have been saving photos on my computer and via Pinterest, so I'll share some with you. I want to have several 'boating/beachy' pieces in the room, but I am not looking for a theme room.

I really like this room vibe. It looks like a child friendly space while still being something that will grow with a child. I also like that the main pieces are neutral and the accent pieces carry the color. Find it Here.

I really like the vibe of this room. The colors are probably too bold for my taste, and since we're hoping to re-sell soonish, the striped walls are not going to fly. I love the modern sense the space gives you, and it's still pretty simple. Find it Here.

Would a sailing/beachy theme be complete without wainscoting? I think not. Find it Here.

This is a shirt Gavin has outgrown. If you've ever watched the show "Sarah's House" you know that she likes to start with an 'inspiration fabric' that will guide the room in the direction she wants it to go. I really like the neutral/understated/classic feel of the fabric of this shirt.

Idea for wall art. Find it Here. Wish this fabric were still available, so I could frame a swatch.

If you can, try to ignore the PINK of this room, and just look at the styling of the Ikea Expedit shelf. I found two Expedit shelves on Craigslist, one 2x4 and one 4x4, and I'm hoping to make one or both of them work in Gavin's room, after they're painted white.

Something I don't have yet: An awesome mod dresser. Find this image Here.

Gavin's Grandma T made this incredible quilt, and it's what started me thinking 'boats/beachy' in the first place, I'm not sure how to display it yet. I don't really think I want it just hanging on the wall, maybe on a quilt rack?

Close up of one of my favorite squares of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment